Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Race 2 2008 Triathlon de Plougonvelin

All I need to say about this was the water was 12 Degrees!! Now you may say "oh thats cold" just as I did before trying to get my head in, but cold is not the word. I simply could not put my head under for the whole 47 second warmup time. It was shear pain, and I was not alone. Once the gun had fired and we all ran into the water for the actual race pain was forgotten, but my hands and feet still were not functioning too well. I had a pretty crap start, then got my act together and finally got out the water in the lead with about 20 seconds lead over Xavier Le Floch and Laurent Suppi. I rode as hard as I could on the hills and open flat sections of the course but the two of them, caught and passed me on the technical and dangerous section at the end of the first 10km loop. Suppi actually yelled yeee-harrrr as he flew past. I didnt want to go with him as he knew the way and was really pushing it into the corners. Xavier was a little more cautious and we both lost time. Same section of the course on the second and last lap I was joined by Nicholas Martin. We entered transition and exited together about 15 seconds behind Le Floch and about 50 seconds behind Laurent. The run was not what I would class as a fun experience. If the road was not going straight up it was going straight down. For most of the 5km I could see Xavier just ahead, and knew Nicholas was just behind, but could do little about either situation. I felt like I was crawling up the steep hills, giving spectators enough time to cheer, have a break, quick refreshment, power nap, and then cheer some more. The four of us all ran about the same times and finished in about the same staggered formation that we left the last transition area. 1st Laurent Suppi. 58:38 2nd Xavier Le Floch. 59:04 3rd Me. 59:22 4th Nichola Martin. 59:29

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home