Thursday, May 15, 2008

Race 3 2008. Rennes sprint triathlon

Although I have lived in Rennes for the past two seasons, this year was the first time i had competed in the Rennes triathlon. I had a pretty good swim, got away on the bike and did the rest of the bike alone. It is a fairly technical course so in some ways I was glad to be alone, but with the thought of people grouping together behind and catching me near the end of the 20 km, I was also apprehensive to put 100% into the bike leg. I jumped off my bike, ran in to transition found my spot and slipped on my shoes, grabbed my number belt (to avoid the arbiters whistle) and ran out just as the chase pack arrived. Good, I figured I had at least 30 or 40 seconds. I was able to run easy for the 5 km run, but stupidly didnt, choosing to push hard and make the whole experience unpleasant. The commentator, Jean Michael followed me most of the circuit, calling out exactly what I was doing, fixing my cap, commenting on my new ultra bad hair hair cut, and weather or not I took a drink. I was glad my Cesson suit was not too tight around the groin, requiring some discrete adjustments!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home